Friday, September 01, 2006

Emicakes, D24 Durian Puffs, Singapore

I have a confession to make...
Something I am rather ashamed about...
Something that some people might even deem sacrilegious...

I am NOT a fan of pure durian.

However, I do enjoy durian derivatives such as durian milkshakes, ice-creams, cakes but somehow I never really enjoyed the "King of Fruit" in its glorious essence of purity. Emicakes has a few branches all over Singapore and they do a pretty decent durian puff. They claim to use only pure unadulterated D24 (supposedly the best model?) durian paste in these puffs and I love to eat them chilled.

We did buy some actual durians because my friends are fanatics and I decided to make the next best use out of it (besides eating it); I used some pieces to decorate my durian puff haha. The pastry was actually rather dry which may be a result of the refrigeration but once you get passed that barrier of pastry, the rich, heavenly goodness of the durian paste floods your tastebuds. I still flushed this snack down with some cool Chinese tea, hence retaining some purity of the durian-eating tradition.

D

4 comments:

kahsean said...

haha im not a fan of durian either..

D said...

Nice to hear some feedback from people back in Perth!
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Durian is bitter medicine, but that's what makes it good :oD

I, am Lord D.

Sebastian Ng said...

DURIAN DURIAN DURIAN... man durian so good... how can anyone dislike durian >.<

if only I could grow a durian plantation eat durian to my hearts content... ^_^

God Bless