Monday, July 18, 2011

The Purple Pig, Chicago, Il


Wow this had to be one of the best, if not the best meal we had in Chicago. Fearing that The Purple Pig might be another hyped up Chicago joint, we braved some foul weather to get here. The wait at about twenty minutes was nothing to us (after all we're pretty used to waiting much longer at a decent place in Manhattan). Small plate dining prevails here and a nice group allowed us to sample most of their fare. The roasted bone marrow was spot on, another mention should go to the veal shoulder slow roasted in milk and served on some of the creamiest and smoothest mash potato I have ever tasted. If you're in Chicago, you have to drop by The Purple Pig.

500 N Michigan Ave
(between Illinois St & Grand Ave)
Chicago, IL 60611
Neighborhood: Near North Side
(312) 464-1744

D

2 comments:

price per head said...

Thank you very much for letting me comment, tell it is a pleasure for me to have the opportunity to read this article. Today I read a lot and I assure you that all day had not read anything as interesting as this, I found it very effective information. THANKS

price per head said...

I wana congratulate you for such a wonderful and excellent work keep it up though its awesome