Monday, December 18, 2006

Noo Cheng Prawn Noodle, Adam Rd, Singapore

Although having frequent Adam Rd very regularly for supper, I've never actually tried the famous "big prawn" noodle, so I made it a point this time to give it a shot.

It came as a rather hearty dark colored broth and had one and a half big prawns, some shreds of pork and two pork ribs in it. The prawns were indeed quite big but I think I still prefer the one from Mei Chin Rd Food Centre, although I do have to remember to wake up later since they only start selling from 8AM!

I ordered a prawn soup instead of prawn noodles because I wanted to order some of my usual Adam Rd staples such as Malay fried noodles (mee goreng).

mutton chop,

Indian mutton soup (sup kambang)

and of course my usual ginger milk tea (teh halia).

D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love prawn mee and always game to try them out.

Have you tried the Beach Road Prawn Mee along East Coast Road? It's our family's fav!

Anonymous said...

Mate, I'm dying of hunger here and decided to have a read of your blog.

Bad choice to have done so....

Argh!!!

Lord Dianabol

D said...

trish: Then you must try the one at Mei Chin. Thanks for the tip about Beach Rd Prawn Mee, I'll check it out if I'm in the area.

Lord Dianabol: you damn right mate =P